Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Temple Teachers; B & O Santa

Lucy Jarrett Davis wrote:
I grew up in Temple town in the thirties and forties, a thriving small town where everybody knew everybody else. A wonderful place to call home. My granddad was Santa Claus for several years in the old B & O Department store, upstairs, right next to where Dr. McKinney had his office. My Uncle “Dude” was teacher, Principal, Superintendant of Temple High School, I’m sure many of you remember him fondly , some not so fondly. I am very proud to say that my favorite teacher was the dearly loved Miss Ermal Dawson. What a lovely, caring person she was. I didn’t get to graduate in Temple, but had I been able to it would have been with class of ’49. My parents moved us to the Panhandle of Texas at the start of my Junior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment