Sunday, April 19, 2009

Temple photo enhanced

Jerry Fetters borrowed one of Roger Norman's Polaroid photos of Temple (1961), and had it enhanced: Jerry says:

Since I did not have a picture of the front of my dad's store with the Fetters' sign on the front, I contacted Roger and borrowed the picture and then ran it through a photo lab here in Houston. The lab brought out the sign and made a the picture clearer. For instance the old Sales Barn sets out East of town by itself without a Bill's grocery in its place. Also there is no nursing home in the picture. Additionally I was able to read Temple Well Ser. on a building located on Main street east of Main. I think that was Jack Roddy's company. I was surprised to see the building there with the doors seemingly open implying that the well service company was still in business in early 1961. You may find it interesting that your B&B shows up in the picture.



2 comments:

  1. Fun to see Temple the year I was born. Seems the photo was taken from Farmer's Grain Elevator?

    ReplyDelete